Thursday, September 29, 2011

Downton Abby - DVD

Rated 5+++++ Stars
From:  Library
DVD


Absolutely Marvelous!  Even without finishing it I am giving it 5+ stars.  It is so my kind of thing.


I am rationing it out so as to draw out the fun.  Eventually I am going to purchase the DVD and I know this is one I will want to re-watch.  The sets, the clothes, the atmosphere are as appealing to me as the story is.  I just love this kind of thing.  Oh, I said that already haven't I. :)




Publisher's Summary


Set in an Edwardian country house in 1912, Downton Abbey portrays the lives of the Crawley family and the servants who work for them. In the drawing rooms, library, and beautiful bedrooms, with their tall windows looking across the park, lives the family, but below stairs are other residents, the servants, as fiercely possessive of their ranks as anyone above.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Jeanette, I am a big fan too. I'm so glad that it received several Emmys this year. Great actors, amazing script, and who wouldn't enjoy the scenery and the costumes? Perfect!

Pam