Sunday, June 12, 2011

39. A Reluctant Queen

By:  Joan Wolf
Rated 4.5 Stars
From:  Amazon.com
Paperback

I was skeptical about this book because Biblical Fiction is really not my thing. However I am a long time reader of Joan Wolf's books and asked myself "how bad can it be if she wrote it." I was therefore very pleased at how much I enjoyed it although not really surprised. This author has written some very excellent Historical Fiction in the past and has always managed to attain a fine balance in blending history, romance and a darn good story together. Fortunately I am one of those readers who do not have a problem with keeping fiction and non fiction separate in my head so I was able to just sit back and enjoy the book.

I am not adding a Summary because:

This is the biblical story of Esther.  As I'm not much of a bible person  I wasn't familiar with it and I couldn't find any good summary on line that wasn't either copyrighted or someone else's review.

No comments: