Monday, January 10, 2011

3. Adolph Hitler

By:  John Toland
Rated 5 Stars
Currently Reading
Update - finished 2/6/2011
From Library


 Since I have already done Roosevelt and 1/3 of Churchill I thought it would be interesting to add Hitler to the mix as these are three of the four very powerful men who were such a strong influence on the world as it was in 1935 when I was born.  I need to add Stalin to the list and at some time I probably will.  I have the second Churchill - Vol II, The Lost Years on my wish list and will probably do it next month or maybe March.  It's a huge shame that William Manchester was unable to complete the trilogy he planned to write because I really would love to read what he would have written about Churchill during the war years.

But for right now I have Hitler.  Very interesting but not much joy.  I read this book back in the 70's and I'll tell you - I made me seriously wonder about demonic possession and whether or not it was actually possible.  I still wonder.

No comments: