Saturday, October 24, 2009

118. If I Stay


By:  Gayle Foreman
Rated 5 Stars
From:  Library

This is a truly beautiful book.  It is so very well written that it really tears at your heart when you read it.  My son asked me why I would read a book if it made me cry but my daughter in law just patted me on the arm.  When I told her what it was about she teared up but said she didn't think she could read it.  Too big a wuss.  It is sad.  But so beautiful.  Oh, I already said that didn't I? {sigh}

Publisher Summary
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen year- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she fi nds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heart achingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make — and the ultimate choice Mia commands.

3 comments:

Beachreader said...

I enjoyed this as well. It has gone on the keeper shelf. I was told it as YA but there are a lot of YA books I've enjoyed; in fact I even go over to the YA section at B&N now to browse.

Taminator said...

I am going to have to pick this one up. I really trust your judgment, Jeanette.

Unknown said...

Thanks Tammy, I can almost guarantee you will like it.