Sunday, August 10, 2008

60. Give us this Day

By R. F. Delderfield
Rated 5 Stars


I read all three of these books in one gulp and I have to admit that by the time I got about half way through with this one I was started to go a little cross eyed. Had this not been such a good book I would have put it down. But it wouldn't let me do that.

FROM AMAZON:
Weaving the fortunes of the patriarchal Adam Swann and his family into the pageantry of English history in the years following Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee of 1897, this sweeping historical novel takes Swann's four sons and daughter into the perilous reaches of government and commerce and the army. As this younger generation of Swanns strives to wed personal dreams to national values, the rumble of the guns of August 1914 signals the end of the world as they and imperial England have known it.

No comments: