Saturday, July 7, 2007

65. Walking Home


by Goldreich, Gloria
Rated
★★★★

This was an accidental reread for me. I didn't realize tht I had read it before until I was about ten pages into it. Still I enjoyed it just as much this time as I did the first. It's very well written.

Rochelle Weiss's life is turned upside down when she learns both of her parents are dying of cancer. When she requests a leave of absence from her job is denied and when she states that she is determined to take the time to care for them she finds herself fired.

When both of her parents die within hours of each other Rochelle finds herself alone and almost entirely without funds. She takes over a friends dog walking clients and uses the time to reevaluate her life, her values and what kind of future she wants.

No comments: