Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Movie - The Illusionist

Rated ★★★★★

Martin and I watched The Illusionist last night. I had been on a long waiting list for it at my library and it was well worth the wait. It was beautifully acted and beautifully filmed. Naturally there was a lot of it that I didn't get. But that's ok, I still liked it anyway.

Briefly - Sophy (a Dutchess) and Eisenheim a (poor peasent boy) become childhood friends. When thier friendship becomes known her family puts a stop to it. Eisenheim goes off to see the world and encounters an old man who teaches him magic. He returns years later to find that Sophy has become engaged to a Crown Prince. Eisenheim uses his powers so that he and Sophy can elope. The whole thing was kind of Gothic but in a fun kind of way.

Jeanette

No comments: